INVITING ALL NEWSPACE ENTHUSIASTS TO WORK TOGETHER TO REACH FOR THE STARS
We are currently looking for business, researchers, space enthusiasts, and students to join our future Space Flashbuilds
UNSW TECHCONNECT IS FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING ACADEMICS AND THE BROADER COMMUNITY TO COMMERCIALISE RESEARCH, FOSTER COLLABORATION, BUILD CAPABILIY AND BOOST BUSINESS INNOVATION
IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS OWNER, A RESEARCHER, A CORPORATE INTRAPENEUR OR A GENERAL SPACE ENTHUSIAST WE WANT YOU.
HOW YOU ARE INVOLVED AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET OUT OF THIS WILL BE ENTIRELY UP TO YOU. WE CAN WORK WITH YOU ON SHOWCASING YOUR RESEARCH AND CAPABILITIES, PROTOTYPING STRATOSPHERICALLY WILD IDEAS AND CONNECTING YOU WITH PARTNERS OF LIKE MIND.
BY REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST YOU WILL NOT BE COMMITTING TO ANYTHING MORE THAN A CONVERSATION ON WHAT THIS OPPORTUNITY COULD LOOK LIKE FOR YOU.
WE ARE LOOKING TO WORK TOGETHER WITH YOU TO SUPPORT OR BUILD A PROTOTYPE OF ONE OF OUR PROJECTS BORN IN OUR IDEATION SESSION, OR TO PROPOSE YOURS.
Below is a list of missions proposed during our ideation phase for you to consider leading or joining – they are by no means definitive or set in stone and we welcome any new ideas and challenges for you to suggest that align with your core research, business or interests.
WHAT PAYLOAD WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEND ON A ROCKET GOING 5KM ABOVE GROUND?
- Develop applications for space-borne sensor networks/nodes with prototype payloads or mission concepts
- 1 or more picosatellites to be launched into LEO with
relativelyshort lifespan Flatsatdevelopment platform
- Develop HA balloon
- Build a business proposal for
ride sharemission on a 6U Cubesatwhere a bunch of startups can band together and mass-qualify their payloads
Military training in confined spaces simulation
- Can we simulate the tactical advantages of space situational awareness?
- How quickly could we place a hack-proof satellite over an operating theatre?
- What would it take to make a
Nearsa tthat could station keep over an operating theatre at 20km altitude for more than 1 month?
CENTRALINSING CUBESAT GROUND CONTROL
- Cloud-based infrastructure setup. Can we create the AWS of Ground Stations spectrum
- Let’s work for formalistion of spectrum regulation
- Develop a standard for Ground control
- Inter satellite communications
How will space be taught in the future? How can we empower and interest next generation
workforce (particularly girls) through STEM?
- Legal: Space version of Allen’s Accelerate – full checklist of everything needed to launch an out of this world start-up
- Philosophical points of view – ethics in space treaties
- Australian startup Cuberider recently was acquired – using their example, what else
can we teach using satellites
- Could you develop a 2-4hr workshop that could teach inspire? Something like Rocket
Machine learning for hardware maintenance
- How can we use AI in the predictive maintenance of satellites?
- Are there lessons to be learnt from other utility industries and super computers like IBM’s
- Watson or UNSW’s Silicon Quantum Computing.
- Will this lead to more divergent designs for special use satellites or a one size fits all
- Machine learning – higher orbit
Putting a blockchain mining rig in space to mine space coins.
- Payment in space for water (ULA), bandwidth and other commodities
- Blockchain to achieve consensus in downlinked data (distributed GS) e.g. QB50 beacons
- What’s the best way to prove that Bitcoin is actually mined in space, rather than sneakily mined on Earth and
labelled‘made in space’ afterwards?
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
TECHVOUCHERS TO SUPPORT INDUSTRY AND UNSW COLLABORATION
OTHER LARGER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES LIKE CRC-P’S
NEW CONNECTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS DEVELOPED WHILE BUILDING THE NEWSPACE ECOSYSTEM
AMAZING MARKETING AND PR OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL WHO PARTICIPATE
MEET THE TEAM
We believe that different backgrounds leads to the best innovation
JOON WAYN CHEONG
Projects and companies born or collaborating with FarmConnect, that are disrupting the Australian farming industry
We are looking for farmers and researchers interested in creating innovative solutions to improve the Australian farms
COME AND MEET US
Interested in taking off?